ENVIRONMENTAL ASSESSMENT FOR THE WATER TRANSFER SCHEME
This phase includes the following:
- Ensure that all key issues and environmental impacts that will be generated by the project are identified so that they can be assessed in greater detail in the EIA Phase.
- Identify reasonable alternatives.
- Provide for the involvement of Interested and Affected Parties (I&APs) in the identification of issues through the Public Participation Process.
- Produce a Draft Scoping Report (DSR) for public review so that I&APs can comment on the report and ensure that all relevant issues have been captured for assessment in the EIA Phase.
- Submission of a Final Scoping Report and Plan of Study for EIA to the authorities for consideration.
FOCUS GROUP MEETINGS
In order to facilitate an analysis of the various route alignment options, the overall route from the Spring Grove Dan to the discharge point on the Mpofana River has been divided into five sections as follows:
Section A from Spring Grove Dam east for approximately 1.1km to the boundary between portions 98 and 96 of farm Springvale 2170.
Section B from the boundary between Portions 98 and 96 of Farm Springvale 2170 to the boundary between Portions 161 and 7 of farm Springvale 2170.
Section C from the end of section 2 along the existing Mearns pipeline servitude to the second location for the break pressure tank in Gowrie Village.
Section D is from the break pressure tank location to the end of the Gowrie Golf course boundary.
Section E runs from the Gowrie Golf Course boundary to the discharge point at the Mpofana River.
Download: Minutes of Focus Group Meeting for Section A of the Pipeline
Download: Minutes of Focus Group Meeting for Section B of the Pipeline
Download: Minutes of Focus Group Meeting for Section C of the Pipeline
Download: Minutes of Focus Group Meeting for Section D of the Pipeline
Download: Minutes of Focus Group Meeting for Section E of the Pipeline
DRAFT SCOPING REPORT
Download: Draft Scoping Report for the Water Transfer Scheme - April 2012
Download: Appendix A - The EIA Process
Download: Appendix B - Photographs
Download: Appendix C (a) - Public Particpation Process
Download: Appendix C (b) - Public Participation process
Download: Appendix C (c) - Summary of Issues and Concerns
Download: Appendix D - Options Analysis Report
FINAL SCOPING REPORT
Note - to enable quicker downloading, reports have been split up in to smaller documents; not bigger than 3MB.
Published: 11 July 2011
Final Environmental Scoping Report
Download: Part 1
Download: Part 2
Download: Part 3
Download: Part 4
Download: Part 5
Download: Part 6
Download: Part 7
Download: Part 8
Download: Part 9
Final Options Report
Download: Final Options Analysis Report for the Water Transfer System